The China foreign trade registration certificate permits Chinese companies to export and import their goods without the need for an additional governmental or other third-party entity.
Your business relationship with a Chinese business will most likely involve importing and exporting goods that involve the business. Without the China foreign trade registration certificate (and the China customs registration certificate), the customs officials have the authority to block the goods from standard customs processes and prohibit their declaration, inspection, or release.
China Foreign Trade Registration Certificates Decoded
The fields included on a China foreign trade registration certificate are as follows:
- Registration Certificate Number: 备案登记表编号
- Import and Export Enterprise Code: 进出口企业代码
- Operating Name in Chinese: 经营者中文名称
- Operating Name in English: 经营者英文名称
- Organization Code: 组织机构代码
- Business Type (Registration Bureau filing): 经营者类型 (由备案登记机关填写)
- Address: 住所
- Business Address (Chinese): 经营场所（中文）
- Business Address (English) 经营场所（英文）
- Phone Number: 联系电话
- Fax Number: 联系传真
- Postcode: 邮政编码
- E-mail: 电子邮箱
- Industrial and commercial registration date: 工商登记注册日期
- Industrial and commercial registration Number: 工商登记注册号
- Legal Representative: 企业法定代表人姓名
- ID Number: 有效证件号
- Registered Capital in USD: 注册资金（折美元）
- Legal Representative: 企业法定代表人/个体工商负责人姓名
- Enterprise / Personal Assets in USD: 企业资产/个人资产（折美元）
The Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China, or one of its entities, is responsible for issuing the China foreign trade registration certificate to companies in Mainland China.
Any Chinese company that directly engages in the export or import of goods is required to hold a valid China foreign trade registration certificate, along with a China customs registration certificate. Without either certificate, the customs officials have the authority to block the goods from standard customs processes and prohibit their declaration, inspection, or release.
Note that some foreign-invested companies engaging in foreign trade do not require this registration.
With all official Chinese business documents, it’s important to verify the legitimacy of the China foreign trade registration certificate, and ensure the company can legally engage in the export and import of goods.
We can help.
Nuna Network helps you determine the authenticity of the China foreign trade registration certificate and much more, transforming the due diligence process and making it easier to establish relationships with Chinese companies.